Okay, fine.

Give me any more ideas you might have about categories... especially how to expand the scope of IT.com.
I don't think adding information about each class is necessary, and in fact would just add clutter to the forum. More forums and sections does not mean better. I don't think classes are what people find confusing in Improved Touring, although I will agree that there is some confusion as to differences in categories. When looking at the discussions on this forum, it's not very often there are ones specific to an individual class.

Maybe there would be other sections or information which could be added to draw additional interest to this forum? I'm not really sure what since I rely so heavily on the "new posts" feature versus searching through the various sections.

would a guest coming to the site to find out about this new ITR class ever think to look for an ITR subforum in "Rules & Regs" when no other class forums exist there?
Probably not, but I'm not sure what value that seperate section adds anyway. Hey, you asked.

I'm honestly not sure what new approaches can be taken to encourage existing lurkers to participate in discussions as well as attract new members to the forum.