Memphis May Double It Tour

bldn10

We're finalizing the schedule for our big double National/IT Tour 3-day weekend and I have a question for the IT group.

Would you prefer to run both races on Sun. (that's 3 sessions total) and be done or have the second race Sun. a.m.?

Bill, I am not sure what you are asking. Is IT running two races? Saturday race 1 Sunday race 2? Are the Nat. races Sunday & Monday?

2 Nationals = 2 IT Tours !

The way we have it now is IT Q1 Sat. afternoon, Race 1 Sun. a.m., Q2 mid Sun. afternoon, and Race 2 Mon. a.m.

A better option is to move Race 1 to the last thing Sat. and have Q2 and Race 2 Sun. That way you can depart Sun.

For me, it's a simple matter of economy. If you have one of the IT races Monday, that's another nights hotel bill I've gotta cover, and another night away from the babies. If time weren't so hard for me to come by, I'd probably prefer the relaxed pace. Realistically though, I need it to be a two day event.

Thanks

Qual/race on Saturday and same thing on Sunday. That's my vote. We'll be there in the POS-7 no matter what the schedule.

Same weekend as our PDX up here @ GIR... which I'm part sponsor of... so I gotta be there...

I'd vote for Sat. Sun. as well if I were planning on coming down...

Will there be a Kumho tire distributor at the track by any chance? Tire Rack is showing 13" V710's as backordered at all of their locations. (Actually, their website shows in-stock, but states backorder when I try to order).

...and while we're discussing amenities, are there any of the motels listed in the supps addendum that merit discussion, pro or con? I'm new to the track and don't want to spoil the weekend by picking the wrong sleeping facility. :)

Craig,
At this time the only tire dealers that will be here is Havoc Motorsports with Hoosier and a Goodyear dealer of which I cannot remember it's name.

Gary,
I have been with the Mid-South region for almost 30 years and I have not heard any comments, pro or con, and any of the hotels that are listed. In my opinion, I would stay in Millington. It is a little closer and maybe be a little cheaper too.

I've been looking for the supps and the final schedule for the races next weekend. Can Bill or someone send them, post them, or mention where to find them? I looked at dlbracing, but haven't found them anywhere.

Thanks

Charles - Here ya go...

Schedule

Supps

BTW, these are both .xls (Excel) files, found them on the MidSouth region website. Could've sworn they were on the DLB site last week, but I don't see them now... maybe some broken links?

Incidentally, at the moment there appears to be only 72 entries on DLB Racing. Do a lot of people typically not use online registration, or are we going to see a lot of empty track next weekend?

Anyhoo, should see you there Friday evening.

Back