Thread: ITR Z3 rebuild thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

One of the areas that really looked bad was the rear. The gap between the finder and trunk lid was much wider on the left. Now it's much closer to the right side:

Actually both the rails running from the strut towers were pushed down. Now after lots of hammer work they're closer to where they were. Also, the main horns look straight.

With the core support out I plan to pull the motor and take whats left of the pan off. The least expensive route may be to find a doner M-52-28 to put back in that I won't have to touch for a couple of races, and I know a salvage yard motor will probably be legal, and now I'll have a spare motor to rebuild evantually. I like to imola red, I'm thinking of painting the windshield frame and maybe a strip around the top of the door red, then leaving the main body color silver. This next photo is how the hood fits over the finder and door, also note I've taken the apron cap off of the windshield frame, this piece of sheet metal has been on order for the past month along with a new set of brake lines for the rear.

I've been busy with the primer and spot filler. I've been using plasticote's grey from the local N-A-PA. It's lacquer based along with the spot filler, I've found several links for factory silver and red in spray cans. See the $50 paint job thread. Slowly but surely I'll have it together eventually.

James
    Last edited by Z3_GoCar; 05-07-2008 at 11:25 PM.