I'm sure Andy and Jake are thinking "that's just what Dave needed to hear." LOL! Out of curiosity, do you guys use the 50+/- for all IT classes? Or do you use a different tolerance for slower classes that have 100 hp where 50 lbs means much more than a car that has 240 hp?

So why shouldn't the MK IV be classed at the process weight of 50 lbs higher? Now granted if the Golf III is essentially the same car and classed at the lower weight, it could be easily argued that the new Golf should have the same weight. Or do you class another car knowing it's off by 50 lbs, while not sure what long-term consequences it may (or probably wouldn't?) have. I can't honestly say which way this should go since the Golf III will remain at its current spec weight.

One part of me thinks back to what happened to ITA. One car got in there classed incorrectly, which lead to more and more then it became the new class standard. Is the Golf III now the car in which new cars are being classed to mirror? I also recognize that what essentially became the spec CRX / Integra class was a much greater difference than 50 lbs.