April NHIS School/Regional

Jim- let me get this straight...your daughter is getting married that weekend, and you're going to blow out of the wedding to race? Good luck with that!

I suggest, (for the sake of family unity and happiness, of course,) that you stay through the entire wedding and (most important) the reception, and that you enjoy the fruits of your labors (ie, the alcohol) and THEN come to race the next morning...and I'm told that a hangover helps you focus, so don't worry one little bit about drinking a tad too much...

:birra:

Clarification! The wedding and reception are Saturday afternoon which means that we will want to stay in boston Saturday night. What I should have asked is can I skip the qualifing in the morning, sign in at mid day and still run the race (group 8)?

If there is any question about your arrival time call the registrar listed, I think it is Karen Paul, explain the situation and arrange a way to get in late. If you really can’t qualify call the chief steward ahead as well.
If you are testing on Thursday tell him that as well, it will make him more comfortable with the idea of racing without qualifying.

What is the prefered hotel? I have stayed in the Days Inn several times while in Pemebrook racing radio controlled cars.

I'm glad you drive better than your distance estimates!!!

Hey- when you've just yanked the trailer from your back driveway with a helicopter, loaded the truck three times and driven your stuff to load in the trailer to the street three times, started (after having to flush the bad gas out of the tank, or whatever the problem is THIS time, LOL) and driven the car out on the street to the trailer, been visited by the police because of the excessive noise/smoke/or visual assault on the neighbors, (and promised to never do it again) in 40 degree rain, THEN jumped on I-95 in Friday night rush hour, and towed four plus hours, YOU'D think it was closer too!

I was just browsing the NASA forums and found mention that the SCCA provisional license is not valid outside my region.
Didn't read the link, but I don't have to: they don't know what in the hell they're talking about.

SCCA Novice Permits are valid nationwide. - GA

Back