Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
The car will be stiffer, and it will be more reliable. While not immediately faster, there is a performance advantage.

Guys, this is a frustrating one for me. It's really no different than if I played the "safety" card and said my brakes are inadequate to justify using an illegal fix.

It is NOT legal to fix this before there is a problem in the manner describedand honestly, just from an attitude correction perspective, I might protest it. The attitude here that it is legal is bothersome.
Jeff, I'm not arguing with you , I'm making conversation and trying to tell you this a feutile rule to protest on. I think it would be impossible to prove unless you cut the guys car apart and then I doubt it would be conclusive. If you have brake issues with a seal that goes bad, how am I going to prove that you are using a different brake piston seal? I bet the illegal part is identical to the oem part, or at least they are both black. I would never protest you even if I knew you were using a better seal. Now if you decide to use bigger and better 4 piston calipers, this is a different story. Yes we are lucky that BMW has a fix for our problem, it would have saved everyone a headache or two if they would have reinforced these points from the factory.:cool: Like everything else hind sight is 20/20.