Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another tire thread....

I'd like to get some of your opinions:
    If Hoosier's are heat cycled properly does anyone disagree they should last a 3 hr enduro? This is also assuming the car is setup properly.

I have run both the shaved Toyo RA1 and the Kumho 710 on my Honda. I have nothing but good words to say about the 710. I have gotten great life out of them, granted, I have been buying 2 tires every 3rd weekend. This allows me to run fresh tires o the front 2 weekends and rotate them to the back for a third... maybe not the best solution, but works on a FWD ITC ride.

Perhaps the one thing that hasn't been mentioned, is Kumho has perhaps the best contengency payout. That really helps out!

hoop

p.s.

toyos for long life or spec rules
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dave parker View Post
    Group
    Hoosier, fast, no wear or life span (so to speak). The best quote I have ever heard about Hoosiers is" you can get all the heat cycles you want out of them if you never let them cool down".
    Dave Parker
    WDCR HP#97
    2007 MARRS HP Champion
    On a light (under 2200lb) car Hoosier R6's last FOREVER and are nearly as fast at the end of their life as new. I know a lot of people would argue this but on a 2100lb ITC Scirroco running 35 psi hot -1.5deg camber and .01 deg toe in we have only bought 8 tires in 18 months and have run 3 driver schools, 7 regional weekends and an enduro. 7 of the 8 tires are still good and the car broke the Sebring Long Course record by 4.5 seconds in it's last race. Seems to me the R6 is a pretty long lasting tire.
    Jeff Linfert
    Atlantic Auto Works
    We Install and Tune Megasquirt Systems
    #97 GTL Scirocco (for sale)
    ABA Corrado powered by MS3. 40+ MPG

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    I'd like to get some of your opinions:
    If Hoosier's are heat cycled properly does anyone disagree they should last a 3 hr enduro? This is also assuming the car is setup properly.

Dan, You should have no problem lasting 3 hours with them. Remember, it's just one, looooong heat cycle. I'm trying to remember back to my enduro days with Kirk and i think we got at least 6 hours out of them?? Maybe Kirk or Phil can confirm.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by flaboy View Post
    What do you guys think of the hankook z214...40.00 less.
    They are wonderful. Did realy well on them last year and the contingency is great.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

When I got back in the game, I picked Toyos for economy. When we shifted to Hoosiers, I was pretty pleased with the mileage we got out of them and my thinking re: economy changed a little.

With the old fuel tank, we double-stinted Hoosiers on the fronts on the Golf (like 3+ hours). With the big cell, I think standard practice has become to change them at each stop (again, like 3+ hrs), so we don't have any surprises. We run the rears for 6 hours or more.

KK