Thread: Identifying Second Gen rear end

Default Identifying Second Gen rear end

I'm attempting to put together a 4.10 turbo II rear end for my 89 RX7. Currently I have an ISC 5.12 which I'm replacing with the turbo II (Engine swap requires 4.10 gearing). My friend shipped me the unit in the pictures. How do you tell from the outside that it's a turbo II?
    It takes just over 4 revolutions of the input plate to rotate the axle 1 revolution. I guess that's a 4.10?
    I also need turbo II axles and have located a set. The seller said that axles are S4 or S5 specific. How do I tell which version, of the rear end, I have?
    I understand the two versions (older FC or newer FC) LSDs work differently. Since I'm putting in a Kaaz I was told the difference does not matter so it just comes down to axles.... right?

Thanks,
    Bob

GBRRS RX7

Do you still have the 5.12 if so I may be interested, email [email protected]

matt

If you have a normally aspirated rear end to compare with, the centers of the studs/bolts on the turbo unit are farther apart than on the na unit, both for the driveshaft and the axels. You know that you need a turbo driveshaft, right? And that the turbo driveshaft requires a turbo transmission. Don't know about the s4/s5 issues.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Default Second Gen Rear End

Bob

Are you interested in selling the 5:12 rear end?

You can reply to [email protected]

Default pinion modification for rearend 5:12-4:88 other

I have access to getting the pinions modified for the rearends....if interested just PM me. You furnish donor pinion and new pinion.....