Quote Originally Posted by spnkzss View Post
What if I turn the Daewoo example around. You class it with a 25% increase. Lets say the Daewoo only can make 7% more in IT trim (you know because Daewoo is that efficient ). How long goes by until you don't give it a performance adjustment?

Maybe I'm not giving the ITAC enough credit. Maybe the the whole concept of the Daewoo getting classed without some true knowledge of the car at hand won't happen. If someone is interested in getting it classed there has to be some knowledge about the car somewhere. The more I think about it, I guess the whole "Car must be 5 years or older" is the clause that catches that. Within 5 years someone "should" know "something".
That is an issue, and it's a downside of the desire for stability. Many feel that stability is a high priority, (based on reading folks opinions here, private emails I've gotten, and requested input from the members when we proposed "the process") and the constant dorking of the weights and rules, (such as Prod) is to be avoided, even if there are certain casualties.

Even with the 5 yr rule, it is very possible that such a situation could exist, and it is very hard to prove a negative. I can think of cars that haven't been treated by the process particularly well, (i own one, LOL), but I also keep in mind the bigger picture, and feel we've got a better situation than nearly any other.

But...it aint pefect!