Thread: Why don't you also race NASA TX?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mac - that's what I was looking for, thanks for your feedback. You have no excuse not to come out to Cresson in March , after all your signature calls the place home and I know you car is out there. It's your only shot to race Cresson with the SCCA skipping that track this year.

Quote Originally Posted by gsbaker View Post

"Some type"? Sure, that's possible so, no bet. I'll bet it's not an SFI-only mandate, though.

$50 is a bit light, so how about this: If SCCA implements within the next 12 months an SFI-only HNR mandate, ISAAC buys the beer at the 2009 ARRC? If it does not, NASA buys the beer at the 2009 ARRC.
    I'll bet with you Greg that SCCA does not do the SFI, I agree with that. The NASA thing is planned and not in effect, we'll know what happens in a few months. If I knew I was going to the ARRC I'd take you up on the bet, but it's not on my schedule at the moment. If I do make it, there is round for all on me either way.

Quote Originally Posted by tom_sprecher View Post
    In what way and why?
    Tom, NASA is different in every region because each region is owned by individuals, similar to a franchise. I understand some of you don't even really have NASA as an option in your part of the country. In some parts NASA is heavy, others light...both on types of cars and participation. Some regions are HPDE and TT heavy while others offer up much more door to door racing. Just as the SCCA is different in every region, most of you would laugh at our IT car counts in the SOWDIV. I listed how NASA TX is different than SCCA regional racing in the SOWDIV a few posts earlier. Mac headed out of the division to race last year, not sure of his plans this year but when you have to leave the division to race, that should signify there is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jhooten View Post
    FWIIW, I was talking to the race chair for the Lone Star region May R/N at TWS and put the bug in his ear to do a RR on Sunday. It may be a grid as you finished on Saturday race but it would be a second race. I'm going to bring it up again at the BOD meeting Wednesday and see if I can get a commitment on it. Let you know.
    Jerry, I heard that rumor this past weekend from an SCCA guy while I was at a NASA race. I think it's up to our Exec. Steward and from what I've been told he won't approve it. We'll see. You are in the SOWDIV, I'm curious why you do not race NASA?
    Last edited by mbuskuhl; 02-11-2008 at 11:37 PM.
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT