Thread: Fire Suits whats the difference?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So is anyone using the G-Force 505 suit? It shows to be SFI 3.2A/5 rated with a TPP rating of 26. It also has a coolquilt liner that is supposed to keep you cooler by drawing moisture away from the body. Many of the other suits from Simpson, Sparco, etc. I haven't been able to find the TPP rating. Is there a website that shows this information. It is really hard to compair because the manufactures don't give you that much information. Thanks for your help, keep the comments coming!
    "Success in life is not in knowing the right answers. It's in knowing how to ask the right questions." - Author Unknown

1990 Honda Civic Si ITA (eventually)
    Hallett COMMA Series PA Class

* Bugle Blowing* da da da da */Bugle Blowing* sounds like a job for RSI.

Couldn't help myself.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Unless you go with a custom suit, they all have the same problem. Suits are sized for an average person. In my case I purchased a sparco sprint 5 (similar to the sprint 6) on close-out from safe-racer. It's basically like wearing a loose baggy set of coveralls because I'm taller than big around. I had to go a size larger to get a suit long enough, but wound up with extra room inside. The other thing is the suit is warm, which is great for those cool fall and spring events, but not so good in 105 degree summer sun. But then again, other than a cool under suit, any of these suits will be hot in 105 weather. So the coolness factor is a moot point when it gets really hot anyway as none of these suits really breath.

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Another approach is to buy a Sparco One and then a set of CarbonX or other decent underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by spnkzss View Post
    * Bugle Blowing* da da da da */Bugle Blowing* sounds like a job for RSI.

Couldn't help myself.
    Dittttttttto.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com