Thread: OH MY GOD, V8's in ITR

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If they know what the answer is going to be then they won't have to write!

Also, much of this discussion is making the assumption that the brakes will not work. That might not be the case at all. Sure, they won't work as well as a Celica GTS or Type Arrrrrggghhh Integra. But with a lot of duct work, careful attention to maintenance, fluids, pads, etc. I bet they can be made to work adequately. There are lots of ITS cars that require brake maintenance, and, heaven forbid in the modern age, brake management DURING THE RACE.

Nobody ever said your IT car would be racable with no maintenance issues or even competitive. About the best we can do is class a car and the racer makes a decision. We can't second guess what people are going to do or bring up as red herrings such as:

1) aftermarket is too big, people will cheat - not ITAC's problem
    2) parts are weak, the cars will break - hearsay, rumor
    3) the cars are too heavy, they'll eat tires - you makes your choices and takes your pick

And so on. All we can do is class it if it fits the process and monitor the classes. I've not seen factual data on why the cars should not be classed.

One could basically start something similar against the high revving cars in ITR.

"Dear CRB,

I feel the Type Arrgggh Integra and Celica GTS should be removed from ITR. These cars have no torque compared to the average ITR car. They also don't weigh much and when a 3300 lb BMW 330i plows into one then death and destruction will ensue. And I know that will happen because these tiny 1.8L motors rev to 8000RPM!!!!!! Can you believe that, 8000 RPM???!!!! I can't imagine revving my 3.8L motor that high, the horror. Surely these grenades are going to explode in race conditions making a huge oil slick which will cause me to wreck my mulletmobile.

I'm sure you'll find my argument compelling.

Thank you,
    SCCA Number #1, Thinking Only of Me
    "

R
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 01-25-2008 at 02:51 PM.