a really bad idea

JeffYoung

Well, here goes. I can essentially get, for free, an 82 5 speed 928. We looked at this car when creating ITR, and if the V8 Ferds and Bitchin' Marrows go in, then the 928 has near identical raw numbers.

I know the motor is an expensive nightmare, and that the car is probably underbraked.

But, I hesitate to even ask, does anyoen have track experience with one of these?

Jeff, you would not believe the number of 928 race cars that show up out here in ITE. A couple of them are former world challenge cars.

In any case, I'm sure they have some feedback they can give you. The guy you probably want to talk to is Mark Kibort. I'll get an e-mail address for you, but here is his website.

Damn Jeff - I assume you already know how tough it is to find a 928 with a stick? You oughta put that car in a garage and wait about 10 years, by then it'll be a candidate for Barrett-Jackson (with a little tlc I'm guessing).

Earl, right now, if I moved it, I'd be putting a family of squirrels out of house and home apparently. It's in ok shape. I actually drove it from Goldsboro to Asheville (it's my g/friend's dads car) 10 years ago. Has sat since. It's looking a lot like a race car to me...

:dead_horse:

Need I say more?

(The most expensive race car builds always start with a free car...........)

(Seemed like a good idea at the time.........)

(Hey, I have to replace everything on it anyway........)

Should I continue?? ;)

But, Dude - this is el Jeffe Quiote we're talking about...

quixote.jpg

:)

K

Well, here goes. I can essentially get, for free, an 82 5 speed 928. We looked at this car when creating ITR, and if the V8 Ferds and Bitchin' Marrows go in, then the 928 has near identical raw numbers.

I know the motor is an expensive nightmare, and that the car is probably underbraked.

But, I hesitate to even ask, does anyoen have track experience with one of these?

[/b]

I hope you have a lot of disposable income. :D If your got that kind of money, just go PRO.

A hint from me to you - put a Ford or Chevy V8 in it and keep the hood closed. That is all I have to say on the matter.

:D

[/b]

Uh, not to be a downer on the classing, but you do realize that it was a World Challenge GT car? I'd think it'd be more appropriatly classed with the e-36 M3's which are also in the GT class.

James

I'm talking about the 219 hp US version that was not in GT. Less stock hp than the 3.0 BMWs, the 300ZX, the Supra, etc. etc. etc.

That's not the downer about it, the downer is I even considered this. Doesn't say much for my thought processes..........

I understand Jeff, really I do. You can't tear yourself away from V8s! And yours..isn't it American (Olds?) in origin?

It only make sense then, that you are migrating into what many refer to as the "German Camaro"....the circle keeps repeating.

Back