***Say what Josh, please see page 2008 GCR-156. Same, Same................ ***

Josh, sorry to question you reading capabilites.

***and this is by design.***

Was this ^ said with tongue in cheek? I hope so.

Someone should question the capabilities of the people writting the SCCA seat head rest rules & the SCCA roll cage rules. As I read back through the roll cage rules previous to 1/1/2008 there have been maximum bend requirements when using the minimum sized tubing including the two main hoop rearward braces which WAS NO BENDS. Also withinthe past year I called out to a CRB member that the main hoop diagonal which is attached to anything other than the upper drivers main hoop corner & the passengers lower main hoop corner is providing less protection for the driver. Also mentioned to the same CRB member was the fact that ataching the main hoop diagonal to the passengers upper main hoop corner to the chassis/frame at the lower position on the drivers side of the car is a waste of energy as far as protecting the driver is concerned.

Scott, the rules writers for the SCCA show their lack of knowledge allowing roll cages with unlimited bends within the roll cage members. The POS roll cage you showed should be shoved where the sun don't shine. The only thing that roll age accomplishes is that the interior don't get cut up. I understand you picture is not an approved SCCA roll cage, at least not previous to 1/1/2008. BUT when the SCCA role cage rule writters write flexable rules they sure don't piss off any members off.