My opinion is please don't turn this in the direction the ARRC has. IT cars have started to play "second fiddle" at that event, and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. The IT cars have been crammed into fewer and fewer groups with less and less track time. Yet new classes have been continually added, which typically had their own places to go and play when it came to a championship event anyway. Have the IT entries fallen at the ARRC? Yea, probably. But I imagine that change of focus has certainly helped in doing so.

IIRC, last years numbers for this event where great. Better than expected, I believe. The second year will be even better, even without adding more classes. More prestige, credibility, and (eventually) tradition is what needs to be built upon in order to continue developing it as a championship caliber event for IT & Spec classes. That was the original intent, was it not? IT*SPECtacular. If we add in CFC, FC, FF, CFF, & AS, we're about Prod and GT away from being any old regional.

I know that it's all about paying the bills at the end of the weekend, and that just boils down to number of entries. I guess that means add more classes to some people. But with the success of last year and the potential for growth this year within the classes already in it, we should at least give it a shot as it is. In the discussion after that '07 event, I can't say I recall hearing "We need to add more national classes & run groups. That way we can cut my track time and jumble me up with more out of class cars."