Aaron

Welcome to the SCCA,... most of the responses are good ones and my ITC opinion is just that an opinion.

I'm new to the SCCA,...just this year, but I'm not new to racing, stock cars in my younger days and karts with my son for the past 6 or 7 years and at the national level for the past 3,...
Racing and racers are all the same no matter where you go,... but I have to say that the SCCA is the most relaxing atmosphere I've had the pleasure to be a part of, we nit-pick on the web about thing from time to time but at the track it's a different story, every one helps each other out no screaming and yelling, just good old fashion racing.

And I'll bet the guys in ITC are having as much fun as the guys in the GT1 cars...but for a lot less money...lol

So welcome and what ever you get ITC/ITA it doesn't matter, just take it slow and safe at first and have fun.
Your about to have the time of your life.
[/b]
I agree that the guy's in ITC have just as much fun as everyone else and I realize that it is probably the cheapest class. I am not bashing ITC at all, I have a great deal of respect for everyone including ITC. I am new to this whole thing and don't claim to know anything. If I offended anyone I truly apologize! I am just trying to figure out what the best route is for me. I agree that ITC is probably the best place to start and learn. I maybe stupid to start in ITA. Maybe I should be looking at ITC or ITB instead. The only thing that really concerns me is the car count in ITC. I will have to check into it some more. And I hope I am in for the time of my life!