Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Front susupension stayrod

nOT AT ALL jAKE, i'M EASLY CONFUSED.

Looks like David has my posts on "Ignore"...
    [/b]
    Doesn’t everybody?
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

hAr hAr aND a haPPy holIIDAy to you....

Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Bill you are 50% correct. How's that for back pedaling. :P I made two post within this thread. In the first post I said "the moderators will show up" & in the second post I said "some of the moderators". End that discussion with a half loss to each.

GCR Glossary

Stayrod- A rigid reinforcement BAR or ROD interconnecting opposite sides of a car at structurally significant locations. Now PLEASE lets now get into the definition debate about "structurally significant locations".

Two key words within the rule are BAR or ROD...................

When I consult Websters there is a definition of BAR & ROD.

BAR:
    Any piece of wood, metal, ect. longer than it is wide or thick,

ROD:

Any straight or almost straight, stick, shaft, bar, staff, ect., of wood, metal, or other material.

IMHU using the rule & Websters a stayrod is a one piece BAR or ROD. When more than one piece is added to each other it will not be called a one piece BAR or ROD.

Continue the Fun
    David
    [/b]
    You don't get off anywhere near that easy David. I asked you about a specific comment. Had nothing to do with what you said after that. And believe me there is no win or lose w/ this one.

Jake,

I really have come to expect better from you. Look at where you're allowed to attach the rod. It's either at the lower points, or the strut towers, not both. Geez, and you're one of the people that's making decisions on the direction of IT?

Um, Bill? had a bad week?

Where did I say attached? I specifically pointed out that it would function as IF it were attached, but meet the letter of the rule and NOT be attached. Just like how my roll cage is attached to the required number of points, but is pressed into the body in several other places.

What I'm trying to do is to point out that using the logic that makes that X bar with it's extra bars legal, that...following that logic....another even wilder example could be legal as well.

In other words, where does the line get drawn....and more importantly, are we happy with that point and do we feel it matches the intent?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Jake,

What you said was 'locked' and 'secured ingeniously'. Now you're saying that that doesn't mean attached? Please explain how you secure one thing to another w/o attaching it. Also, please explain where attachment methods are limited to bolting or welding. Would you say that a piston ring is attached to a piston? Would you say that a wheel bearing is attached to a knuckle?

Bill, while your flooding this thread with what if, maybe, suppose this & that including IMHJ bullshit I'll stand by my post #39 copied below. Skip all your previous crap & argue your way legally around post #39 below for your hoop-de stayrod.

GCR Glossary

Stayrod- A rigid reinforcement BAR or ROD interconnecting opposite sides of a car at structurally significant locations. Now PLEASE lets now get into the definition debate about "structurally significant locations".

BAR:

ROD:

Any straight or almost straight, stick, shaft, bar, staff, ect., of wood, metal, or other material.

IMHU using the rule & Websters a stayrod is a one piece BAR or ROD. When more than one piece is added to each other it will not be called a one piece BAR or ROD.

Bill, while your flooding this thread with what if, maybe, suppose this & that including IMHJ bullshit I'll stand by my post #39 copied below. Skip all your previous crap & argue your way legally around post #39 below for your hoop-de stayrod.

GCR Glossary

BAR:

ROD:

[/b]
    David,

By your definition, welding the slugs to the ends of the bar, to accept the mounting points (usually rod ends), would make it no longer a one piece BAR or ROD. And like I've said several times now, you could bend up a continuous piece to make that. Since you're so caught up on this one piece thing, tell me how one bent out of a single piece would not be legal, by your standards and interpretations of the rule.

Can't we all just get along?

Everybody together now.

Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya
    O Lord, kumbaya

Tom Sprecher

Matt, get a life.