Chris, loosely speaking I'll give you that the bowl is a part of the air intake restriction (VERY loosely interpreted as a MAF, but as lose as a Vegas who...never mind..) But the flapper is part of the fuel system, affected by the air system and interfacing with the fuel pin to "meter" (whee...!!!) the fuel to the lines.

Now from your post on the Fastrack topic:

No way no how that plate can be modified or removed under current, or 2008 IT rules.

Now - you CAN use whatever computer you want to alter the resulting fuel flow from the system. Maybe control the differential pressure regulator of a CIS-E system to get optimum fueling in all conditions. I don't know CIS basic well enough to know if/what you could change controls wise...beyond the adjustable warmup regulator trick.[/b]
Ok, so you're saying you cannot modify or even affect the flapper...but that's what the control pressure does! The control pressure resists the upwards movement of the pin (otherwise it would shoot upwards uncontrollably); since the pin pushes down on the flapper, aren't you modifying the action of the flapper (and thus the "air fuel meter") but modifying the control pressure?

Isn't this fun? It's destined to get even better, I'd wager...