It was a real eye opening experience for me last year getting involved with chairing races as well as serving on the BOD and looking at the finances. You can do anything you want with the schedule as long as you get the entries. If drivers are willing to give up one qualifing session and count one for both races you get much smaller groups and can justify the friday. Just remember that the length of VIR makes for long out and in lap times so it eats up schedule. Drop the extra qualifier and you could have one 30 minute session and no excuse for not getting a clean lap. Another option is to drop the Sunday practice all together and just have a longer qual session. Changing groups kills the most time so longer sessions and less of them gives more actual track time.
My schedule would have 30 minute practice sessions by group on Friday morning. Qualify some groups (30 min) for Saturday. Resume qual Sat morning Races to follow. Drop the Sunday practice all together and have longer qual Sunday and then race. I will put it in my spreadsheet and see how it fits. Just food for thought.
[/b]
I like that one too.