I ran the points for SSM using the new system.

It wish it was more different.

Like the old system, low entries heavily benefit those that show up. Like Pocono
also the Double points for the Runoffs is way to much when giving out 250 for first. I just don't think any one race should be so important.

If someone who can win, goes only too Pocono the Runoffs, and two other races. They can win the championship in just 4 weekends. There is a flaw in the system if that is possible. I am sure this would be the case in almost any class.

Lets say Gorrarian goes to Pocono on mothers day. Wins both days 500 points, then maybe shows up again for 2 other races and wins 500. Now he comes to the Narrc runoffs and wins double, 500 more points.
Thats 1500 in 4 weekends. enough points to wrap up the title in probably any class. It is possible with drivers like Gorrian , Leverone, Ferguson, (i only know miata drivers) etc. I am sure every class has it drivers to sweep like that.

I think we need a system that it is mathmatically impossible to win a championship showing up to less then 6-8 races.

I think a system that give points for every car you finish ahead is better, And I think double points for the last race is way to much, I dont think you should get any bonus points, but I know many of you want to make that race "special" so then just a 100 points to the winner only would be better.

Did anyone run the points for ITA, SRF or SM?

Kevin Anderson

[/b]
Kev,

I ran the points for all those classes. Feel free to call me to discuss.

Also, if you came in 3rd at 7 races and the NARRC Runoffs, you would have 1530 points in the new system - and more than your example above - beating the guy with 4 wins plus a win at the Runoffs. Seems ok to me.

Not sure why you are using Pocono as an example here...

You also have to understand if that person only shows up for 4 races, there are 10-12 more for 'others' to win and eclipse their totals.

This system doesn't change the weight of the previous system - it just pays out much deeper. As far as awarding points for everyone you beat (like NYSRRC), I love it but it is a TON more work for the pointskeeper.