Thread: Results, rumours and inuendo...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I gotta agree with there being too many classes. Other than the IT classes the race has too many SP classes with only one or two cars entered. It has got to be confusing to many spectators. FWIW the ITS, ITA, ITB & ITC races were pretty good races and well attended.
    [/b]
    I assume it was an oversight, but technically, the SPO and SPU cars were not elligible to compete per the supps. See rule 3. I think there were more that didn't fit the SPO/SPU requirements here: "Vehicles must not be other wise classed in the GCR and Category Specifications." Not that this really matters, but why have a rule if it's not enforced?

Grafton

I assume it was an oversight, but technically, the SPO and SPU cars were not elligible to compete per the supps. See rule 3. I think there were more that didn't fit the SPO/SPU requirements here: "Vehicles must not be other wise classed in the GCR and Category Specifications." Not that this really matters, but why have a rule if it's not enforced?

Grafton
    [/b]
    Yes, it was an oversight. I actually left quite a few classes out of Item 3 on the Supps. I'll make sure and correct that before the 2008 event.
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion