Thread: NHIS has been SOLD!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Word on the street is Burton Smith bought it to get Vegas two dates and NHIS only one....
    You know you have achieved greatness, when you are better than what everyone else thinks, but not quite as good as you think!

Word on the street is Burton Smith bought it to get Vegas two dates and NHIS only one....
    [/b]
    I'm sure that was one of the reasons, but I'm also sure there are many more.

From speedtv's website:
    “It does make money now, and of course, our goal always is to make money, and we’ll be working very hard at that,” said Smith of the track. “I’m very pleased with the acquisition. As a matter of fact, I’m thrilled with it.”

He did say he wants to improve NHIS, which has one of the smallest seating capacities of any Nextel Cup. “My goal always has been to make them better, better, better,” Smith said of the tracks he’s acquired in the past. “I think a prime example is Bristol (Motor Speedway). You know, I’ve torn down the entire … everything at Bristol, and I think all of you will agree it’s better. What we’re about is to make it better and more fan-friendly and we will come up some kind of a plan and hope you like it.” Under SMI’s ownership, Bristol has expanded from 26,000 seats to 155,000.

Though I don't want to believe that the road course will be leaving anytime soon, it does put that doubt in my mind. Do I want to tow 3+ hours to go racing? (assuming we are still at LRP...and Palmer isn't built)

Stay positive, stay positive. Bruton Smith seems to like all forms of racing, he has Daytona Prototypes and SPEED World Challenge (as well as some SCCA regional/nationals) at his tracks. I like to believe that the road course has a fair chance of staying.

Hell, the Red Sox can win a World Series within 4 years of their previous one. Anything is possible!
    "It's a fact..."

[/b]
    from above...
    "There has been talk that one or both of Loudon's dates could be taken away and a likely recipient of one date would be Las Vegas"