Aren't you the same guy who stated earlier that if you can't get tires cheap and so forth that you won't race, due to budget constraints?

earlier this month you said.....
yea, like to another car with better wheel options, or hey, if they are set on the idea that rims have to be X" wide, why not go ITA? Tons of very reasonable choices there. And lets use some common sense here. The cost of the car is really a drop in the bucket when it comes to the big picture racing budget. Anyone considering racing needs to do their homework. They need, like anything else in life, to decide what their goals are, and then decide how to best get to those goals. Often people "have" a car, and think they are most of the way to those goals. That's usually the shortsighted approach, and there's remorse down the road.

New racers have plenty of choices...but...they need to choose wisely. And yes, we do need to balance the needs of the paying customers with those of the potential customers, but in so doing, it is important to remember the phrase about a bird in the hand...
My guess is that you weren't there in 84 and 85, and can't remember that a 7" wide rim was the shizznizle compared to the 4.5 - 6" stock offerings...
No, but I DO care if Bob gets beaten after doing his homework and working just as hard as anyone by a Frank who comes in with a wider rim. Or the hundreds like Bob....

I'm (when my ITAC hat is on...) charged with protecting the stability of the category, and unless there is clear and undeniable evidence that a rule change is going to help a situation, and the lack of a change is going to hurt the situation, I have to hold.
[/b]

So your sayin its ok by you that someone spends an extreme amount of money to race in improved touring? The racing category invented to provide a place for people to race, and not guaranteed to win. A racing category designed for the entry level racer. So you think that its fair to have a $5000 car in the same race as a $30,000 to $40,000 car?(goescompletely against the intent of the class) Thats comical if you think it is. The remark about getting funding for racing is also comical, for the simple fact that this is supposed to be entry level racing. If you want to go that route than go national or pro. Leave the people that want to have a place to race and compete alone in improved touring. so exactly what is the reason that were allowed to run a larger diameter wheel. If you think about it realisticly, the contact patch of the tire to the track increases,(in my mind and anyone that has been through physics will know that a bigger contact patch will improve friction, which improves grip and handling). I dont want the super light wheels like you think I do. I merely want to utilize the rule of being able to use a 15" wheel REALISTICLY......

Marc Rider