Well, it probably won't help many since there are few 260 racers. And probably fewer that are using the stock dizzy timing electronics. But, those work well and I don't see a need to change. I would bet that your 280Z dizzy is the same though.[/b]
Well it definitly helps me as I think you are right and we do have the same stuff. Here's what I'm going to do, I bought the Crane optical eye trigger setup that comes with the XR3000 from motorsports. I've got my spare dizzy gutted and I'm going to have my engine builder weld up the two shafts. I'll get this one running on the car, then I'll take the one on the car and outfit it with an MSD just as you've discribed using the stock trigger. That way I have a whole spare ignition. My main reason for wanting something else was my stock ignition module overheats and goes wacko if you rev the car up near redline. The MSD should cure that. I bought the Crane because I was just nervous about thirty year old electronics, but now I'll have a spare stock trigger to carry around also. When I get it done, i'll update my ignition thread. Thanks for the info Ron