So then we'll have to go after the race organizers and make sure that no IT class is in the same race group as the next higher class. ITC could run with ITA or higher. ITB could run with ITS but not ITA. ITA could only run with ITR. ITS and ITR are SOL. In some areas of the country this might be just a tad problematic.

This makes sense?

Do you really want your race group muddled with uncompetitive cars? Uncompetitive cars that can screw up your race? No thanks. I have anough of a challenge with the fine group of talents (bunch of yahoo&#39;s <_< ) who are out there now.

Envy not SSM, SM, and ITA Miata&#39;s.

Since the impetus for this seems to be increasing tracktime, while not being competitve, consider doing this within the existing framework. Run SPU/SPO or have your region add an ITO/ITU run group to suck up your dollars.

As for DC&#39;s, I say no. There actually is a reason we have classes and an ITAC and all that good stuff that keeps IT vital. If a car is being re-classed, it is for a good reason. The new classification should always become effective the next racing year. If the re-classification comes about after July 1st, I would support a one year transitional DC. That would give a person at least 18 months to make the change.

DZ
ITB