Two different drivers makes for too much variableness in the test.
[/b]
You may want to read Jake's post again... I think he's saying that both drivers were 1 second faster on the narrower tires.

Incidentally, I confirmed via email today with Hoosier that the "recommended" rim widths in the A6/R6 chart are in fact driven by Tire & Rim Association standards and must be printed as-is. As I tried to point out a couple of times in the other thread, you have to read the Tire Care Tips page for the R6 to get the real lowdown on optimum rim widths. For the 225/50 R6, it's 8.8 inches, give or take a half inch (and it was the same story for the earlier S04/S05 tires, as well). Jeff Speer at Hoosier said his actual recommended rim width range for a 225/50 would be 8 to 10" if you want optimum performance. He also realizes that most people can't run those widths, and you should still get good wear and performance on rims as narrow as 7.5 or 7.0".

So... according to Hoosier, the 225/50 R6 will work on a 7 inch rim, but that rim is apparently narrower than what the tire really wants.