A simple question:
What is the down side to allowing someone to add xx percentage to the spec line weight and move down one class?
I'm not worked up about this at all, I really like the current system. I'm just curious as to why so many seem to think that allowing the above dual classing per dual weight is a rotten idea. I understand it adds a small level of complication to the rulebook and the administration of the event, but is there something else big I am missing?
[/b]
I don't think it is feasible to add any amount of weight to a top ITA car to bring it down to the speeds of an ITB car... That is my issue with that. Sure ITB down to ITC is feasible almoast, and ITS down to ITA is again almost feasible but overall it is far more difficult IMO.

- It's very confusing for anyone outside of the IT community (even other racers)
-[/b]
First and only good downside I see, however it is only a downside due to lack of education... a totaly different issue all together.

Hope I got the right person quoted.

This could create a grouping problem if you allowed any IT car to move up to any IT class. Put an ITC car into a group where ITR is grouped with GT-1 and see what the steward thinks.
[/b]
Currently you have this with cars running in ITE and DP as they are gennerally grouped with GT1... The other option is SPU, and those are generally with SRF, another bad mixture...

Raymond