I think Jake's comment goes quite to the point. Yes, IT going National would be good for "The Club"
However, I feel more strongly than Jake that, considering the current state of affairs in the club, I fear what may happen to IT if it does go national.

To speak to the matter of what is wrong with IT, I am at a bit of a loss to think of anything of any significance. After competing in the class for over 15 years, I enjoy the stable rules package, change that is slow to happen, and a logical evolution of the classes.

My greatest fear is if IT does go national, the powers that be may begin making changes to the IT rules to allow for a "more logical progression" to the current National classes. We may be just best left alone.
[/b]
don't forget Runoffs/Rewards Weight for who ever wins.

In my corner of the world (NorPac/SoPac, SS and T classes), I've never seen anyone do that. Maybe that's only in the classes with more fragile cars?

I do know SS/T folks who do the minimum number of races (I've never been one of them) ... but I've never seen anyone quit a race in the middle because he didn't need to finish it.
[/b]
i've seen it happen more than once.