Thanks fo rthe info guys!

I have towed with the Ford V10's and they are nice.

I have a G30 Chevy van right now with a 350 TBI, and have been using it for about the last 5 years. I like vans and have had them for about 12 yrs now. It gets 12 mpg empty on the highway and 6.2 towning the beast!

The real issue right now is I can get a New 2500HD 2wd for just a little over $20,000 right now. I may need to act quickly to make it happen. The price along with it being a new truck in the same color as my trailer has me tempted. I would buy this thing and drive it for 10+ yrs. I am looking to make sure I am making the right choice for my $. My 350 has been a been sluggish all along towing my 24' trailer. The trip to Lime Rock last year nearly killed it! I want to be sure that it has enough grunt to get the job done. I plan on doing more traveling next year, Atlanta, Sebring, ect, so I want something that will not give me any crap about towing up and down grades ect.
[/b]
I have a 2002 GMC 2500HD 2wd crew cab that I have been towing a 20 foot Haulmark enclosed trailer with for about 4 years. Mine has the Allison automatic transmission with a towing setting, which basically raises the shift points another 500-1000 RPM's. The towing package included prewire for an electric brake controller, so I just had to buy one and hook it up. I use a load-leveling hitch with an anti-sway bar, and the truck tows like it's on rails, even when being passed by a semi. I added a Gibson catback, dual exhaust system, which frees up a little more horsepower. The truck is great to drive while towing, but it does not have the grunt of a diesel. This is only really noticable when going up grades, though. I get about 9.5 mph while towing, about 15-16 highway mph otherwise.