Thread: Strategic Planning and "The Problem with IT"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think my point is in Region where you can't fit it, it may not be needed.[/b]
    I'm curious how you are defining "may not be needed". Is it simply that these regions are currently getting enough entrants? If you take a look at our club's membership, it is not growing and our membership base is not exactly young. Since we're talking strategic planning, I do think this is needed across the club's regions even where many events do well. Take a look at the demographics chart (page 9). 30% of our membership base is over the age of 46 years old. I can't help but chuckle that at NASA events I feel pretty old and SCCA events I feel young. (I'm 33.)

SCCA Demographics
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

I'm curious how you are defining "may not be needed". Is it simply that these regions are currently getting enough entrants? If you take a look at our club's membership, it is not growing and our membership base is not exactly young. Since we're talking strategic planning, I do think this is needed across the club's regions even where many events do well. Take a look at the demographics chart (page 9). 30% of our membership base is over the age of 46 years old. I can't help but chuckle that at NASA events I feel pretty old and SCCA events I feel young. (I'm 33.)

SCCA Demographics [/b]
    What I mean is that it may not be needed to 'force' a PDX into a Regional event by giving it it's own run group. Seperate days like we have up here can fill the pipeline. In areas where the pipleline flow needs to be bigger, they probably have events whee they can fit in an extra run group.

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967