I agree in principal with every point Kirk has made.

As silly as something like the washer bottle rule may seem to some, it is a benchmark of the intent of the IT rules philosophy.

The (now) five groups that make up IT are based on race potential of a set of cars. As long as there are new cars to class within those sets there is no reason to set any age limit. When there are no cars (or no interest in those cars) available to fill a class, that class will die.

Classifications of newer cars are needed. ITC in the NE is in trouble. Part of that is that there are no new cars being built and (chicken and egg) there is no good competition. One cannot run a Fiesta, Datsun 510, Rabbit 1.6 forever. ITB may have similar issues soon enough, but there are still cars out there that could be interesting for folks to build.

It appears to me that there is no feed from SS cars/drivers into IT. I don't know where they go after they age out of their (now) longer national lifespan. IT is an attractive choice people make when they decide to go racing. For a lot of people without extreme means IT is not too hot (technology) and not too cold (technology) but just right (technology balanced with that off other cars).

As has been suggested, I think that a faster class than ITR is not in our interest. Let those be the problem with another set of classes.

I am surprised that I have not seen a Ford Focus out there. Perhaps that and the equivalent Chevy should be looked at to repopulate C.

Dave Zaslow