Cheap Date

Stopped at the garage yesterday to see Shane. Bought him a sawzal to split a 88# piece of lead (forgot that a piece can't be more that 50#)- he needed ballast from the old weights of three years ago - he wasn't making much progress with the hacksaw. We needed to call Kansas and check the belt/harness rule (weren't sure if it was 2 or 5 years. He had a new swet of belts used twice that were out dates since he last races - I hooked him up with a set of Impacts that I had. Best I could tell he was ready to go - letting him use a trailer - I guess I am there in spirit.

I can relate to the "coming back to racing blues". I felt like a total newbie when I showed up at the track in '02 after 10 years away. He'll get back in the groove soon enough.

BTW, it's 2 years for non-FIA belts, 5 for FIA. PITA, I know. If he's got non-FIA and he's showing up to get an annual with three-year-old belts, he *might* be able to get the Tech Steward to waive him for one race. Hopefully.

Watching for updates...

I can relate to the "coming back to racing blues". I felt like a total newbie when I showed up at the track in '02 after 10 years away. He'll get back in the groove soon enough.

BTW, it's 2 years for non-FIA belts, 5 for FIA. PITA, I know. If he's got non-FIA and he's showing up to get an annual with three-year-old belts, he *might* be able to get the Tech Steward to waive him for one race. Hopefully.

Watching for updates...
[/b]
I gave him a set of Impacts SFI dated 4-06. I couldn't remember if it was 2 years or 5 years on SFI, the FIA text was much clearer in the GCR - thus the phone call to John in Kansas. I dug out the Impacts on Tuesday just in case, so they were readily available if need be. Not sure if he will run into other issues - I beleive his cage was up to date - we made sure the washer fluid bottle was installed corresctly :unsure: , so hopefully he will be good to go. Best I could tell he was pretty psyched to be coming back.

AWESOME LAWTON WINS ITA!!! This is Jeff's first-ever SCCA win!

I don't have any further info yet, as they *just* took the checkered and Jeff's not even off the track yet, but when I have further details I'll pass them along.

ITA Results, as qualified:

1-Jeff Lawton
2-Geoff Branscombe
3-Victor Gangi

Notable: Shane Hawthorne 4th after starting dead last.

'Nother day tomorrow!

So cool!!! Very nice Jeff. I always thought it was simply a matter of you having the confidence that you could win. Now that you've done it once.... :D Awesome!!! Congrats Jeff. I'm really happy for you.

Was your son there? If he was, you know there's no way you'll ever be able to race without him attending the race weekend, right?

Hey, maybe you need one of Melissa's created checkered flag holders now?

Dave, his son *is* there. In fact, he told me he's gotta bring him from now on, for good luck... :)

Hey, Melissa makes checkered flag holders...??? ;)

Jeff - Nicely done - CONGRATS!
Geoff - Tomorrow's another day -good luck.
Victor - Phil Gott's wife Ellen (aka Jean) is visitng for the weekend and is delighted by the podium finish.

Shane - Keep peddlin' brother - sounds like you're right there.

Dave, his son *is* there. In fact, he told me he's gotta bring him from now on, for good luck... :)

[/b]

Both of his son's are there Jake and Jeremy. :D

Talked to Jeff on the Phone he was physched. Wasn't an easy win though he battled with Branscome from green to checker. Awesome job Jeffery first W feels great doesn't it. :happy204:

I remember thinking how I thought that once a person won a race, what would be their motivation to win more? No seriously, that's what I thought when watching some of the top dog ITA drivers in my class (back when I was in ITA). Tonight, I sit staring into a fire thinking about just how hungry I am to win another. Jeff, somehow I think this is just the beginning for you as long as your son keeps coming to races.

yahoo!!

(About all I can post from my Treo...)

Geoff gave me a hell time. it could have easily gone the other way.

Back