***Can the Nascar bar protrude into the door inner skin? I have been reading some of the topics and I was just wondering if the bar or bars can go into the inner door skin?***

Kevin, I have been staying clear of the two topics you have started for good reason. I will surmise that your fairly new to SCCA IT racing/fabing a car. Nothing negative in my two ^ statements.

First a NASCAR tube/bar/setup is NOT what the normal person who thinks they understand may think a NASCAR tube/bar/setup is. Look up the definition of a NASCAR-Style Door Bar in the GCR glossary. If installed, it SHALL consist of ONE or MORE sidebars that intrude into the door cavity (through the inner door skin plane) and connect the main hoop to the front hoop. A NASCAR bar per the glossary may be ONE bar at a diagonal/horizontal or any other angle as long as the bar intrudes into the door cavity & connects the main hoop to the front hoop. BUT if I remember correctly through a Fastrack two bars are currently required to connect the main hoop to the front hoop either NASCAR bars or non-NASCAR bars (not intruding into the door cavity or a combination of the two styles (intrude or non-intrude).