I am really glad to hear that most of the comments about The Longest day have been very positive. When Scott started talking about bringing back this race he was very hesitant about it. He worried that there wouldn't be enough cars entered to make it worthwhile. From my perspective (and not talking to Scott about it) I believe that it was a success. However, like all new events it did have its share of problems. The Chief Steward is already thinking about moving the start time earlier. As for the problem in tech, I asked about that myself. It has something to do with the annual tech not covering ALL the drivers of a car. If you have a suggesntion on how to improve things, please, please, please speak up & let the region know. Not sure what happened with registration but I will ask around.

One comment that has been bothering me since I read it this morning is about a team spilling fuel all over. If one of the pit marshals donesn't see it or doesn't do anything about it, tell a Safety Steward about it. That kind of action is totally unacceptable and is definitly a safety issue. I can't beleive with all the regions that were represented in the large turnout of workers from all over (who I want to thank) that it was a "local" thing.