Thread: WGI in Sept

Anyone know if there is a Friday Test for the Race at Watkins Glen in Sept?
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Yes there will be a test day before the Fun One. It is Run by The track but you will need to register for the weekend event Friday morning usually from 6 am to 10 am. Usually lots of track time UNLESS there is a incident in your group. We did lose last test session in July because of heavy long lasting thunder storm. The supps should be on NESSCA for registration this week. TW
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Just a heads up on this “register for the race before you can run the test day thing”, 2 years ago a friend of mine was in line when registration opened Friday morning and because he had to register twice, once with the track and once with the region it took so long his first on track session was on track went he came thru the tunnel.
    I told someone on the regions board about the problem at the time. I sure hope it has been fixed.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Is this the September 15-16th event? That's a double, right? I'm possibly, maybe thinking about going to it too. It's been a couple of years since I've been there, and I've never been there in the ITA car.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Is this the September 15-16th event? That's a double, right? I'm possibly, maybe thinking about going to it too. It's been a couple of years since I've been there, and I've never been there in the ITA car.
    [/b]
    Same weekend as the other sanctioning bodies nationals at Mid-O. Your not going this year?

Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

[/b]
    Yes this is a double regional hosted by the Finger lakes Region. If you haven't been in 2 years there have been alot of paving changes.
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

I am think'n of going. My wife likes it there, so that makes the trip a bit easier. I burned off some respectable ITA times last year during a track day, so I figured the Neon would be at home at WGI.
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Same weekend as the other sanctioning bodies nationals at Mid-O. Your not going this year?
    [/b]
    If I'm at that it's because I'm not at a SCCA event that weekend. Even then, it would only be as a spectator.

Yes this is a double regional hosted by the Finger lakes Region. If you haven't been in 2 years there have been alot of paving changes.
    [/b]
    The last time I was there was in October of '04. From what I remember, I think the Integra would like it.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Supps, entrys,etc now posted on NESCCA site.