OK - guess I'll bite.

What I know about sequential injection is that it helps low rpm/idle smoothness, provides small improvement in emissions and economy, and provides very small if any power gain. It has been included in modern production cars for emissions and smoothness.

This is why I was asking if anyone had actual data about batch vs. sequential injection. At the engine speeds we compete at, we are in the meat of the 'load table' for our engine. We are at our max duty cycle in terms of injector performance (typically 75-80%). This means that regardless of system, the injector is spraying away on a closed intake port for more time than an open one (what is the average valve open time for a stock cam - 180-220deg? out of a 720deg cycle). If you wanted to try to only spray on an open valve you would need larger than stock injectors to do so, which is not legal.

Basically I don't buy the claims that this will provide a significant (in racing lap time terms) gain to change from batch to sequential. Not unless we institute a 3000rpm rev limit for all competitors.
EDIT - you also gain the ability to tune the amount of fuel to each individual cylinder... this is the one are that in certain cases of badly balanced intake flow, it is conceivable to me that someone could gain power.

That is what I think, but I don't have real world numbers to back it up. Can someone chime in and correct me with data?

Of course all of this assumes that the car you are working with has a cam position sensor so that you can properly operate a sequential system.