Thread: Carburated IT Cars - Balancing the system

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sorry - not getting how this one in particular "cannot be enforced." And if it's a blanket statement about enforcement, i don't know what to tell you. That's another thread entirely.

And, yeah - the engine harness is free. That should thrill the guys with '70s and early '80s cars that have rot and replacement issues. I'm struggling to see how connecting the stock parts together in some automagical way is going to generate some big gain in power. Even area under the curve, etc., in a way that can't already be achieved.

OR if you are arguing that the existing rule should never have been made, just stick to that agenda.

K

Sorry - not getting how this one in particular "cannot be enforced." And if it's a blanket statement about enforcement, i don't know what to tell you. That's another thread entirely.

And, yeah - the engine harness is free. That should thrill the guys with '70s and early '80s cars that have rot and replacement issues. I'm struggling to see how connecting the stock parts together in some automagical way is going to generate some big gain in power. Even area under the curve, etc., in a way that can't already be achieved.

OR if you are arguing that the existing rule should never have been made, just stick to that agenda.

K
    [/b]

Your still right the existing rule should have never been made,

Marty actually if we were to limit to chipping and flashing at least you would be limited to functions that weren't beyond the stock hardware. So even if you rubbed on it really hard it could do more than the existing hardware it came with. Example: a batch fired ECU does not have the hardware or abilty to be converted to sequential injection. most of these cars cannot do traction control on the stock board. And in the enforcement side a protest can be resolved by opening the box and comparing the hardware to an OE unit.
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com