Thread: July 4th Results

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Big props to Joe and Rick. I basically blocked them for two laps hoping for warmer tires and dry line, but neither came. When I pointed Joe by, they both checked out. Nice job!

I gave Greg third when I ventured onto the traditional line in the braking zone in T1. Went off the escape road, saw the whites of Jeff's eyes and then watched Greg drive through Big Bend with only 2 to go. Nothing I could do. Rick saw how hard it was for me to get power down, I was lucky to be in 4th, nevermind 3rd.

Another tweak to the suspension (V.5) had us running strong in qualifying but that didn't translate well to the wet, even with disconnected bars and 'soft' shocks. Rick and Joe were just too good yesterday. Wished I could have seen the battle more but they dusted me. AWESOME!

I think Christian Chandler was coming for me as well but he broke...I am sure Jeff would have been all over me after he settled in too. On to NHIS!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I think Christian Chandler was coming for me as well but he broke...[/b]
    Broke is an understatement!!! Ha, ha......

I was gunnin' for ya' Andy Figured it was my only chance this year to finish with you in my mirrors. Unfortunately, I was collected by a spinner on the turn 3 exit (just after you passed him). As a spectator on the hill said, "He looked like a chipmunk crossing the road. You had no chance"

Spent the first couple of hours this morning on the front end. And the shopping list: Frame straightening, tie rod, lower control arm, fender, hood, bumper & cover, headlight assembly, misc. plastic parts, and probably more.

Looks like I'll miss NHIS, but I suck there so no great loss.

Fast rain laps put in by Joe and Rick, you guys rock.

Greg, Nice DP race.
    I'll take that beer anytime...............
    Christian J. Chandler
    BMW 318is
    #26 ITA
    JiM Power