Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting forced to run Production

In RMDiv, the run group is generally GTL, (E,F,G,H) Prod, IT(S,A,B,C), SSB, SSC, Spec RX7, ITE-U. When SM was a regional class and had 24-28 cars, they usually had their own run group. After SM went national, the regional fields dropped to 6-12 and Spec7 was added to the SM group to balance numbers in the run groups.

Only M/M contact in Spec7 has been with SM's, never with Prod, SS, IT, or GTL. Even got punted by a licensed SM driver during Driver's School a few years ago. SM drivers have progressed but still don't seem to play well with others on track.

Worst grouping I ever saw was DSR, SRF and Spec7. Saw the same grouping in the Supps the following year and immediately contacted the Stewards. They moved EP into the Large Bore Sedan group (GT- 1,2,3, AS, T1,T2, ITE-O) and moved Spec7 to Small Bore group.

Prod and IT drivers are mature and patient in their approach to passing lapped traffic. KUDOS to them. We all like to play.

Jeff

After much gnashing of teeth, I've decided to go drive a friends car at the inaugural Memphis RallyX on Saturday instead. Here are some of the SPU cars that are running with the Prod and ITB/C cars..............

1972 Mazda RX-2
    2005 BMW Pro Challenge
    2007 mazda miata
    1972 Mazda RX 3
    1989 ford mustang
    1969 Datsun 510
    2005 MINI-CUP BMW
    1997 Ford Thunderbird

I hope the event organizers make some last minute adjustments to the groups.

I'm going to try and visit the paddock on Sunday , would be great to say hi to everybody in person.

Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver
    "Don't RallyCross what you can't afford to Road Race" - swiped from YH and twisted for me
    "I have heard that any landing you can walk away from is a 'good' landing. I bet this applies to flying airplanes as well." - E.J.