James, that's funny. Cars do cause divorces I guess....

Ron's is a T-70 open top with the chassis and body panels made by Fran Hall at Race Car Replicas outside of Detroit. Fran does great, great work.

Andy, removing the carb distinction takes care of the "obvious" (to me...lol) inequity in the rule.

But it doesn't address the contradiction. In one place, the rule says that tubes, hoses, pipes, etc. in front of the carb or the AFM/TB are free. Then, it says that velocity stacks that affect the "dynamic" are illegal. Dynamic is not just velocity, it is quantity and temp. too.

I think you also need to either (a) specifically state "dynamic" for purposes of this rule only means velocity (the "push" you are talking about above) OR ( make everything in front of the carb/AFM/TB free.

I think (a) would still cause problems simply because in my limited view, all intake systems are designed to create some push in some way, either by locating a place of higher air flow in the engine bay and constructing tubes, etc. to get the air cleaner there, or just by well designed and planned tubes and air filter mounts.

When I get some free time, I am going to write a letter on this to the CRB and see what comes of it. My position will be that everything should be free ahead of carb or AFM/TB.