Hey Marty!!

Tom the "guy that does magic" here (although I'm not doing it much lately). I didn't recieve an entry form for Grattan but skipped it due to a major project we're doing that's taking all my time (and money!).

We're building a full size and drivable/raceable (at "exhibition speeds" as the Vintage Oval racing group says) replica of the NASCAR racer I was a "helper" on back in 1979 when I lived in Charlotte. This was for my favorite driver Frank Warren and his Dodge Magnum #79.

There's an event in about two months where we'd get to take this car to Michigan Int Speedway and not only have it on display but we'd get 4 ON-track sessions over the two days there...plus free tickets to the Indy Car race that's running the same weekend (I'm HOPING Danica Patrick stops by to check it out!!)...so I'm really putting everything towards getting this car done but hope to maybe make the next Grattan race in the Cougar Labor Day weekend.

Since I did the drivers school and race last year at Gingerman, I could skip this year and still have another year to run another race (at lease I HOPE that's the way it is!!??) which might be the case with still so much to get done (and spent) on this.

I really WANT to finally get ON the track at Grattan but sure want to do the fun event at MIS (the weekend of August 4-5) too!! May I could bring the Magnum to Grattan "for exhibition only" too!!????

If anybody wants more info on this, check out vintageovalracing.com

Talk to you later!!