Lots of things to cover.

Tom was correct, there were eleven IT-7 drivers at Rockingham -- in the SARRC race. Don't forget that there were also ECR and CCPS races. I don't have my entry lists in front of me but here are 16 names culled from the various on-line results places. I couldn't find a copy of the ECR entry list, so there may be one or two co-drivers that I missed.
1 Rodney Alston CCPS
2 Justin Deffenbaugh CCPS
3 Rex Deffenbaugh SARRC
4 Wallace Dew ECR/CCPS
5 Scott Gallimore SARRC/CCPS
6 Gary L Gentry SARRC
7 Charles Hines SARRC/CCPS
8 James Jandrisevits ECR/CCPS
9 Grover McNair SARRC/ECR
10 Robert Mitchell SARRC/ECR/CCPS
11 Paul Perez SARRC/CCPS
12 Heather Powers SARRC/ECR/CCPS
13 Michael Spencer SARRC/CCPS
14 Blair Stitt SARRC/CCPS
15 Ricky Thompson ECR
16 Danny Van Fleet SARRC

Joe Ippolito (spelling?) was also entered but dropped out due to an engine issue (I believe). Darned if I can remember who the other person was....

Here are the 18 that are currently on the list for VIR:
1 ALLISON-MIKE
2 ALSTON-RODNEY
3 ASMAN-MICHAEL
4 DEFFENBAUGH-JUSTIN
5 DEFFENBAUGH-REX
6 GALLIMORE-SCOTT
7 GENTRY-GARY
8 GUELDNER-NEIL
9 HENSLEE-JOSEPH
10 HESS-JAMES
11 HINES-CHUCK
12 LYTTLE-TOM
13 MCNAIR-GROVER
14 MITCHELL-ROBERT
15 POWERS-HEATHER
16 RYAN-JEFFREY
17 SCHEFER-OWEN
18 STITT-BLAIR

Kurt, you mentioned the notion of letting folks run without the spec tire if they waived their SARRC points. Since IT-7 and IT-A are in the same run group, wouldn't that have the same results as having them run in IT-A? In both cases they would be running with the same competitors, be gridded in the same place, and be in the same position in the overall finishing order. Hmm, does waiving your SARRC points impact your ability to receive a trophy?

Regarding a letter from Appalachian Tire to the SOM. The existence of such a letter simply magnifies the poor judgement on the part of the Stewards. While Appalachian Tire may be my personal first choice when spending my tire dollars, as evidenced by the posts in this thread, they are not the only supplier of the Toyo tires. It is the responsibility of each competitor to arrive at the grid with all of the proper gear. I do not see Appalachian Tire listed as holding any offices in the Southeast Division of the SCCA (as listed on the www.sedivracing.org website). Therefore, I don't seem them as being involved in the policy making within our class, our division, or our club.

I have a letter from my mother that states that I won the IT-7 race at that Roebling event. Should I forward that letter to the SOM so that they can arrange for delivery of my trophy? Will I have to then send a second letter to Mort Stern to get the SARRC points adjusted or will that be taken care of automatically? I don't want to be flippant, but a letter from my mother carries as much weight as this letter from Appalachian Tire that Kurt references.

Papabear, it's awfully late to be looking but are you saying that you had previously checked with all of the 5 or 6 alternative sources listed in this thread and they were all sold out?