Yes, you are correct in that 2007 is not over by any means but my point was more that the trend is the class is shrinking not growing. With the loss of so many SARRC races this year for various reasons the season is almost half over. Hopefully there will be more IT7 racers coming online during the summer (myself included) and your perception is correct.

According to the SARRC points there were 11 IT7 cars at Rockingham. At CMP and Roebling there were 9. Historically those are not bad sized fields at all, so don't get me wrong, I just hope we are doing the right thing with the tire rule. Although some have the ability to move up to ITA and be extremely successful at it I would rather not have go that route too soon. Because I'm a lazy, self-centered SOB who really is only concerned with what's in it for me especially if there is instant gratification involved and really doesn't care about anybody else I'd rather see us classed in ITB.

Also, does anybody have a feel for why in the past IT7 had such a poor subscription in the ProIT Series to the point that the class is not longer eligible in 2007?

I almost forgot this.
-- where's Mattburg when you need him? [/b]
Let's try to be very careful what we wish for.