At least for this motor and my experience with it I agree with your rev limits. It made good power to like 6.8k or a bit more, but signed off after that. [/b]
That's pretty much what mine does too. There's only one track around here that requres second gear, and it seems like sometime every race somebody will get me there.

I'll give Riley Curtis, Lynchburg Nissan (1-800-443-2117) a call. He's the guy that Katman suggested and set me up with the Nimso clutch etc. I assume he could source pistons, bearings, and a timing kit per Nimso? Anyone have other suggestions for good Z suppliers?[/b]
Around here most of us use Courtesy Nissan out of Richardson, Texas. Finding a dealership that still has some parts guys from the old days isn't easy anymore. If you tell them you're a member of the IZCC they give you, I think, an extra 10% off.

Don't have their number handy, but their web site is: http://www.courtesyparts.com/

Sorry to hear that Ty. I didn't realize you lost a motor as well?
[/b]
I've been pretty backed up the last few months. Kid stuff and travel for work (I'm off to Europe tomorrow for 10 days) mostly. Since I never could find the time I had a local prep shop install a new oil cooler and accusump for me just before our first double of the season last weekend. When he installed the oil lines he reversed the pressure and return off the filter adapter, meaning the oil pump was pumping against the check valve. Surprisingly, the (brand new) valve leaked enough to give me about 40 lb/in2, at least until the oil warmed up some, then it sealed tight.

The engine is out but I haven't done a full disassembly yet, just pulled the oil pan. The rod bearings look fine, but I've never seen a crank bearing that particular color. Not sure why one would overheat and not the other.

Next race Memorial day weekend. I already tell it's going to be a thrash getting ready.