Palmer Motorsports Park is the only viable option for the long-term. If that fails, I strongly suggest that club racing in southern New England is doomed...
[/b]
Well if that's the case, better get those FOR SALE signs out because that project looks to have about as much chance as Paris Hilton becoming a keynote speaker at a Mensa conference... Not a word in over a year and what seems to be an underfunded one man show... Smell the coffee folks. I really do hope I'm wrong but I've been around the block a couple of times.

Probably should be looking at other solutions like the way regions are spending the proceeds from road racing revenues, how to get better track deals, improving relationships with tracks, marketing events and improving the product. It's hard for me to believe there are $40,000 in "other" expenses at a single event and that there's nothing left to address these things... well I can believe it actually...

Does anyone have a line item breakout of an event's expenses? Just as an aside I know of one region, not doing terribly well financially that last year spent $25,000 on their newletter and $30,000 on beer, not to mention sending three or four officials to the convention, all expenses paid. Think about it.

"...well I can believe it actually..." Try and think back to those insurance issues and the fact that we basically haven't bid the deal out since Pete Lyon and Wisenberg Insurance came along. Around $10,000 a weekend usually. And think about how you're paying for solo, pro racing and everyone else's liability share (the largest portion I'm sure by far). You all still feel the same way? Think about it knowing that solo's doling out a whole $30 while you're paying $400... Hell you can enter a solo for $40 without even being a member of the SCCA and get all the insurance benefits we do! We can't even bring a friend as a spectator! That's nuts!

And you wonder why entry fees are $400?