We need to be fair to the largest majority of the drivers.

Last time I ran the numbers over 75% of the drivers were from NER, and only 5% were from New York Region.

How about being fair to drivers from Maine? How is forcing them to tow all the way to Pocono and WGI fair to them?

Looks to me like trying to favour the very few at the expense of the many. Government committees at their worst. [/b]
Well, you can rub the numbers anyway you want to make an arguement. It COULD be argued that drivers from the other drivers from other Regions DIDN'T come because of preponderance of NHIS events in the NARRC series - making it undesirable.

The 'Drivers from Maine' comment isn't a good arguement. They just don't live near the series. You can't use one extreme to make a rule. 'Maine' drivers have the NERRC if they want a local series. If they want a inter-regional series, they have to travel. Same with drivers from NY, NJ and CT.

Understand I am fully aware of the political issues at play and I don't like it...but this is a decent middle-ground, trust me.

Mid Ohio IT Fest and ARRC, here I come!

[/b]
Dave,

This info should FAVOR someone like you who doesn't like to travel to NHIS. A more balanced schedule allows you to stay closer to home more often - but not exclusively. Right now the 2007 schedule looks like this:

NHIS - 6 points paying events
LRP - 5
Pocono - 2
WGI - 1

I would argue that LRP is the most centrally located track to the Regions included in the series.

You could do 7 NARRC events and get double points for the Runoffs without setting foot in New Hampshire. Could you win the whole thing? I doubt it as you will have someone 'winning' up North without any blocking and it would come down to the Runoffs - plus you wouldn't have the 8 event max...

I am a Massachusetts guy and I have to travel more for the NARRC now. I see value in running against the best from all 4 Regions so I don't mind so much. If I don't want to travel, the NERRC is where I would stay. There are options for both.