"Butch, personal note. Why the heck would Rick Balderson bring up this plan for member input in April 2007 if he was mistakenly referring to the May 2005 memo? Do you read what you write? Think about that a little while and get back to me."

Answer (and no, I haven't talked to Rick - have you?): I think Rick was trying to explain to new people on the block as to why there was a motion for CFR and Florida Regions to split from SEDIV. The 2005 Buccaneer Plan and the Spec Miate tire rule override were just some of the more visible issues in the recent past.

I'm a lot closer to the inner workings of SEDIV politics than most and I see no cause for alarm at this point. CFR has chosen to no longer run ECR because they do not feel ECR meets their needs (our ARRC Enduro is not an ECR event either, although we will continue to hold ECR events during the season). CFR has shuffled their SARRC sanctions to do what they feel is best for their overall race program. Perhaps these changes are a reaction to SEDIV rules, but no one within SEDIV has required that CFR make these changes. As far as anyone in Atlanta Region knows, there is no proposal in the wings to further limit the number of races a region may hold.

Perhaps I'm being decieved, so I agree that we need to be aware of what's going on. However calling people liars and accusing them of clandestine actions does nothing but incite anger and resentment. I will continue to be heavily involved in the politics and administration of the various SEDIV racing programs, and I'll let you know if something changes.

You don't have to trust me, but don't call me a liar either...