Fine then. Maybe you (the unnamed Curmudgeon) or Butch could answer the questions posed by its66. I think they're pretty reasonable.

Regardless of the level of "cocamamie conspiracy" involved, it's pretty clear that the division is actively attempting to alter what are very successful racing programs in favor of the what they consider to be the "greater good" (where have we all heard that before?).
[/b]
You see folks, Chris has hit the nail on the head. Why change a successful program? Because Barry, Martin and the other RE's wanted a bigger peice of the pie. It was PURELY greed. The plan I presented to you over a year ago was exactly what they implemented, right down to the letter. They looked us all in the face at Jeckyll and said it wasn't happening then went and got the votes of every little podunk non-racing region and forced it through just like I said they would. The thought was they could redistribute the wealth and fund their solo programs and other non-racing activities.

You guys lost your ECR and soon, lots of other races because Martin and Barry wanted more money to pay for solo and social events. Road racing... It's the only money maker in the club. But, as I said it would, it backfired. No workers and no racers means no money. They forced Florida's hand and tried to socialize it thinking they could force Florida racers north to their events. Read the plan... "No racing during the holidays..." Why not? What does the division care? It's a strain on the workers? We've never had worker problems at the Turkey Trot. This is such absolute nonsense. It was all about keeping racing out of Florida and making Florida racers hungry for THEIR events.

As I said... Atlanta and NC will be the big losers as a result. Look for more cancellations and cutbacks.