Thread: SARRC/MARRS VIR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What should I think that you cite my two favorite corners at VIR as problem area?

T3 "NASCAR" is faster than it looks and I think a lot of people over-brake for it. "South Bend" is that kink following the climbing esses and a lot of time can be gained between there and Oak Tree, if you carry maximum speed through there. VERY cool corners.

The BEST one at VIR however is the right after the pits on the Patriot course - the little thing inside the Full Course. Wicked fast entry (for the space available), decreasing radius, into a hole. Yummy.

My personal jinx is T1/T2 on the Full Course (or T1 at Summit, et al). I REALLY dislike those long medium-speed sweepers, and I KNOW that I don't use them at all well...

K
    [/b]
    at the moment, i'm planning on the VIR event. it is by far my favorite weekend, the MARRS crowd adds to our ITC contingent, making for a fun weekend.

VIR is a wonderfull track... the corners that gives everyone troubles, are the ones that I enjoy the most. I agree with Kirk... proper entry into 3 sets up 4 and the flat esses, nicely. Southbend is the corner that seems to seperate drivers with ability from those who just happen to have slightly more powerfull cars. Hogpen has caused me trouble from ime to time.

Kirk, are you talking about the turn in fo the North Course cut through (after the bridge)? That is a blast! I love the turn in compresion, let the wheel unwrap while the car is light feeling... another great spot to gain on the competition.

Hope to see all at this one!
    hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

...Kirk, are you talking about the turn in fo the North Course cut through (after the bridge)? ...[/b]
    Nope. Same area but it's North Course T8, coming DOWNHILL past the Patriot Pits.

If you did the Grande Course, you did it going up hill, and it was freakin' awful. Snore. Going clockwise through there, it's a different beast.

K