I am new to the scca and am looking for some guidence in what I need to do to get going for the season. I have sent in my novice permit application and am hoping that it will be ready in time for the april 20-21 school at NHIS. I have driven NHIS more then any other track at HPDEs so I am trying very hard to get ready for this event.
One of the bigger issues that worries me is getting a logbook for my car as well as a number and any other stuff I am missing. The car is mechanically very solid and I drove it a bunch at Thunderhill, Infineon, and NHIS once I got back east in the fall. I had a cage built by chris howard this winter and should have the safety stuff wrapped up this weekend. I am unsure of who to contact about a logbook and any other car related paperwork I might need to finish.
I was also curious what I need for personal safety equipement. I have a suit that I know is legal along with my helmet. I have the nomex socks and my gloves are FIA rated but I am not sure if they are SFI rated. I am unsure if this is an issue. I was also not sure if I needed nomex underwear with a 3 layer suit... my reading of the rules leads me to believe I do not.
I have also been unable to find contact information to sign up for the event. The regional race has contact info but I have not been able to find any for the school. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to sort out the loose ends before the season gets too far underway.

Thanks a bunch,

Jared Hourihan